For snack today, I baked a sweet potato in the oven and then sprinkled a little cinnamon on top, thinking my 2 1/2 year old daughter would love it. Then, as usual, when I think I know what my daughter will eat, she refuses. Absolutely holds her ground with her hands over her mouth, refuses! I know there are so many wonderful nutrients in sweet potatoes.
"A 7-ounce (1 cup) serving of sweet potatoes contains 65% of the minimum
necessary daily amount of Vitamin C. Sweet potatoes are also high in
calcium, folate, potassium and beta-carotene. Beta-carotene is an
antioxidant which converts to Vitamin A in the body: one serving of
sweet potatoes can provide you with as much as 700% of the US RDA for
Vitamin A. The Center for Science in the Public Interest rates sweet
potatoes as the number one most nutritious vegetable because they such
are so nutritionally rich."
No comments:
Post a Comment